Journaling Prompts to Help You Find Your Joy
Journaling can be a great way to process your emotions, reflect on what’s important to you, and think through what brings you joy. Studies show that it can help you sleep more peacefully and deeply, increase your chances of meeting goals, remember details, and more.
Interested in trying journaling but not sure where to start? Try some of these prompts.
- What part of your workday do you most enjoy?
- What was right with you today? What did you do well?
- Write down three things you are grateful for today. In what way(s) do you find joy in them?
- How does your work fulfill you or leave you wanting more?
- Think of a time when you weren’t engaged at work. What was happening around you? What could you have done to make it better?
- What changes can you make to live according to your personal values?
- List your favorite job and your least favorite job. What is it about them that puts them in those categories?
- What ordinary things bring you the most joy?
- How can you create more opportunities to use your strengths or do more of what you do best?
- How do you show yourself kindness and compassion each day?
Asking yourself these questions can help you remember what’s going well in your life and determine where joy comes from for you. What are some of your other favorite journaling prompts? Share them with us in the comments.
And if you’re looking for a journal to use, check out The JoyPowered® Journal – you may recognize some of the prompts!